- CORE SAMPLING being performed on Beech Daly December 14
- TAXPAYERS SHOULD DISREGARD minor error on Winter Tax Bills
- SNOW REMOVAL: Questions, answers concerning sidewalks and individual responsibility
- REPORT POTHOLES properly for best results
- DAMAGED MAILBOXES? Follow these simple guidelines
Welcome to the City of Taylor Public Works homepage. On our page you can get updates on current road projects, gather information on rubbish and recycling, and we will soon be adding direct access to the Wayne County Compass system which allows you to view county road closures and construction projects. If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact us at (734) 287-6550.
The Department of Public Works (DPW) footprint totals the City's approximate 25 square miles and consists of 35 miles of major and 156 miles of local road maintenance. The responsibility of that roadway maintenance usually falls with the road right of way. The right of way extends from the edge of the sidewalk closest to the roadway, through the street to the edge of the sidewalk at the opposite side.
Services provided by this department include:
- Road patching and repair
- Snowplowing and salting
- Storm drain maintenance
- Street sweeping
- Tree trimming and removal